Summary:A global energy consultancy are actively looking for a Energy Pricing Analyst (Graduate) to manage their Pricing, Trading and Risk activity for clients. You will take ownership of the effective delivery of the key activities managed on behalf of major I&C clients in relation to global energy markets, in particular UK and European gas and power, relating to position / exposure / price. The ideal candidate will have either 6 months-1year experience working in a Data focused role within the energy industry OR, a degree in Maths, Statistic or Economics.
- Fundamental and Technical Analysis of global commodity markets - Gas and Power
- Monitoring and managing client exposures and associated risks
- Client recommendations plus supporting rationale
- Procurement and trade execution
- Daily monitoring of price targets / trigger levels
- Weekly / monthly market and position reports
- Internal market support to UK & European offices
- Ad-hoc client requests
Skills and experience required:
- Strong MS Excel, comfortable analysing large sets of data for clients
- A background in economics, Maths, statistic or similar
- A sound grasp of key drivers that impact energy and financial markets.
- The ability to articulate alternative propositions and make recommendations based on sound logic and reasoning
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ideally experience with VBA, Python or Modelling