Summary:A leading energy consultancy is looking for an Energy Risk Manager to manage all aspects of the energy price risk relationship with existing large and multi-site clients. The ideal candidate will be driven, highly numerate, computer literate and have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong commercial awareness. It requires someone who has a high work ethic and ambition to succeed. So if you have experience in the European market and background in risk management, hedging, can provide market analysis to make recommendation and have worked on flexible contracts for corporate customers, apply today for the Energy Risk Manager!!!
- Active management of Gas and Power Portfolio for European I&C clients, including hedging trades on behalf of client portfolios.
- Conducting regular calls with clients to update them on current market developments and performance of agreed risk management strategy.
- Contribute to the development of client risk strategies.
- Prepare reports outlining market & contract performance.
- Support the Operations and Sales team with client meetings and conference calls.
- Collaborate with other teams in preparation of client’s annual budget reports & contract tenders.
- Maintain and sustain relationships with energy suppliers.
- Daily liaison with other members of the risk & European ops team to provide information and ensure that customers receive excellent customer service.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience of procurement in energy contracts – Essential.
- Knowledge of UK market flexible energy contracts - Essential
- Knowledge of European market flexible energy contracts - Desirable
- EU wholesale energy market knowledge in UK, FR, DE, ES and IT – Desirable
- Good knowledge of both fundamental and technical analysis - Desirable
- Strong organizational skills with a good level of computer literacy – Essential
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills – Essential
- Fluent in relevant European languages & English –Desirable