Summary:A global energy consultancy are actively looking for a Energy Risk Manager to manage Pricing, Trading and Risk activity for clients. You will take ownership of the effective delivery of the key activities managed on behalf of major I&C clients in relation to global energy markets, in particular UK and European gas and power, relating to position / exposure / price. The ideal candidate will have experience working within the energy industry working on risk management strategies and confident when to clients.
- Monitoring and managing client market exposures and associated financial risks
- Monitoring and managing client exposures and associated risks
- Client recommendations plus supporting rationale
- Procurement and trade execution
- Daily monitoring of price targets / trigger levels
- Weekly / monthly market and position reports
- Internal market support to UK & European offices
- Issue client recommendations plus supporting rationale
- Procurement and trade execution.
- Support client market strategy development
Skills and experience required:
- Strong MS Excel, comfortable analysising large sets of data for clients
- A background in economics, Maths, statistic or similar
- A sound grasp of key drivers that impact energy and financial markets.
- The ability to articulate alternative propositions and make recommendations based on sound logic and reasoning
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ideally experience with VBA, Python or Modeling