Summary:An award-winning Consultancy are looking for Market Insight Manager to be responsible for analysing, interpreting and providing actionable insights related to the UK energy markets. The Market Insight Manager will collaborate with various teams to look at market trends, assess risks, and develop strategies to capitalise on opportunities within the energy sector. You will be responsible for creating daily market updates, utilising publicly available data and subscription services, to be issued to internal and external stakeholders. This role involves providing market intelligence, both internally, to key stakeholders in the business but also externally to customers. If you are the Market Insight Manager we are looking for, apply today!
- Conduct in-depth analysis of wholesale energy markets using a variety of sources, looking at supply, demand and market fundamentals.
- Stay up to date with market trends, regulatory and policy changes that may impact customer energy spends.
- Conduct data analysis and statistical modelling to identify patterns that might aid buying decisions.
- Use research to formulate and support customer energy trading strategies to optimise purchasing decisions.
- Publish market intelligence reports for external distribution on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Present data driven and timely insights to both internal stakeholders and key clients.
- Support with conducting trades on behalf of customers and ensure systems are updated to reflect current positions
- Development and maintenance of position reporting and performance metrics to evidence performance of strategies against market measures
- Experience of the UK energy wholesale markets (gas, power, carbon, LNG)
- Robust knowledge of UK energy regulation and policy
- Knowledge of non-commodity costs and their price drivers
- Experience of market platforms such as Bloomberg/ICIS Heren/Reuters desirable
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak to people at a variety of levels of seniority and knowledge
- Ability to develop energy purchasing strategies based on available market data
- Excellent report writing skills
- Highly computer literate especially with excel/PowerPoint/PowerBI