The Recruitment Journey – Why it’s important to make it a positive one
The candidate recruitment journey is so important for your company and its image. According to one of Thomas International’s ‘Ten-minute Takeaways’ poor candidate experience of applying for a job could potentially be damaging your company and its brand. With the widening skills gap and more demanding employee expectations, competition for top talent has never been more acute and your brand plays a key role in attracting that talent. Statistics show:
- 70% of companies with a positive hiring journey report a 70% improvement in hire quality.
- 82% of job seekers consider brand and reputation before applying for a job.
- 83% of applicants by put off by a negative interview experience, but 87% will change their opinion about a job or company after a positive one.
- 80% of candidates abandon the application process at some stage.
- Applicants with a good experience are twice as likely to recommend the hiring company.
- 81% of applicants say status updates from employers/recruiters improve the experience.
- 41% of candidates won’t buy or recommend a company after a bad recruitment experience.
- 90% of jobseekers want to work for an employer that embraces transparency.
Services: Read here
So please don’t forget that a job seeker will form an opinion about your organisation based on their journey through the recruitment process. At every stage of the process there are opportunities for touchpoints, and if those touchpoints are positive ones, not only will your hiring process be better, but you are creating brand ambassadors for your business along the way.
If you are interested in reading more of our blogs, check them out here: