Summary:We're looking for a Technical Solutions Manager to join a growing commercial team providing energy management services. You will be responsible for supporting the sales teams in their quest to retain, grow and win new customers. You will be developing and showcasing an in-depth understanding of sustainable energy solutions, including renewable energy systems, sustainable building management, energy management technologies and carbon reduction strategies. If you have a solid technical background and understanding of energy management / energy services and/or sustainable energy practices, apply today!
- Collaborate with commercial and operations teams and the customer to understand requirements and provide technical guidance throughout the sales process.
- Conduct assessments of client needs, propose tailored solutions, and offer expert advice on sustainable energy products and services.
- Utilise your technical knowledge to effectively communicate how products can address customer challenges, meet sustainability goals, and drive tangible results.
- Understand customer sustainability objectives, provide guidance on solutions, and address technical inquiries.
- Collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, operations and product development.
- Share customer insights, market trends, and competitive intelligence to contribute to product development and refine sales strategies.
- Stay at the forefront of industry trends, evolving technologies, and regulatory developments in the sustainability sector.
- Attend relevant conferences, training sessions, and workshops to enhance knowledge.
- Drive innovative pre-sales approaches and provide thought leadership within the team.
Skills and experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, environmental science, or a related field.
- Previous experience in a pre-sales, technical sales, or engineering role, preferably within the sustainability or clean energy industry, is highly desirable.
- Solid technical background and understanding of either the energy procurement sector and/or sustainable energy practices, renewable energy systems, energy efficiency measures, government funded decarbonisation and net zero schemes
- Ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to assess customer needs