SummaryWe are looking for a Project Manager – Operations to join a leading gas infrastructure company. As Project Manager - Operations you will be responsible for business development, delivery of projects, co-ordination and management of direct labour and sub-contractors, ensuring projects operate within budget and company and H&SE policy, and procedures. You will direct activities and resources as required and to deliver projects to satisfy customer requirements, whilst ensuring that all risks are managed. The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of the UK gas and energy business, be an expert in upstream gas distribution, LP, MP, IP pipelines and other energy infrastructure. If this Project Manager role sounds like the right fit for you, apply today!
- Establish and maintain close relationship with clients, customers and all third parties throughout all stages of the project execution.
- Ensure projects are managed in accordance with best practice and ensure H&S risks are identified and managed in line with Health, Safety and Environment Policies and Procedures.
- Assemble and manage human and other resources both internal and external to deliver a commercially, financially and technically satisfactory project within the approved budget.
- Develop projects under the guidance of the Operations Manager or Construction Director ensuring Company and H, S & E requirements are complied with.
- Gather, analyse and synthesise market data and intelligence and circulate to the business.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Good knowledge of the gas and energy business within the UK
- Ability to be able to manage contractors
- Downstream gas installations (pipework and utilization) – LP to MP pressure tiers
- Good knowledge of procedures and processes for method statements and risk assessments Project management techniques – GANT charts, MSProject project programmes/plans etc
- SHEA Gas / NCO Gas level 2 or Service and Mainlaying Skills for Managers
- SWQR (NRSWA) – Supervisor / SCO 1, 2 and 5
- ACS (GasSafe) qualifications / IGEM EngTech registered (or working toward it)
- Proficient in use of SEL IT systems incl. MSOffice.